13/05/2014

Catching up on some nail art !

Hi guys !!

So I've realised exactly how much nail art I have done over the past few weeks, and so I thought I would make a short blog to show you my favourites.

This will be a pretty picture heavy post ( my personal favourite ) So be prepared for lots of photos & a little bit of waffle from me.

I have a few other posts scheduled for the next few days, but this is a little last minute post as I realised my Nail Art folder was getting a little packed !

Photos are after the jump !


First up is a quick little chevron mani using Barry M "Sugar Apple" over Glam Polish "Cloud Atlas"

I love this one because it's so simple & the different textures really compliment each other.



Next is a mani I did for the Nailpolis Earth Day competition, the base I used was Models Own "White Light" from their Hyper Gel collection, and the patterns on each finger were made using OPI sheer tints which made for a soft water colour type feel. In contrast, I added the details to the accent nail using acrylic paints to make it stand out.

Enhance !

This one was another Nailpolis competition entry. This time for Easter. It was a little last minute as I totally forgot about it at the time, but I thought it turned out rather well ! I used some of the China Glaze "On the Shore" / "Sunsational" collection and some Models Own Hyper Gel polishes over a white base.

Even though it was a little rushed, it still looks pretty Easter-ey doesn't it ?


Inspired by my best friend's youngest son's birthday cake, I decided at random to do a TMNT ( Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for those who aren't in the know ) mani. Using Dance Legend "Grey Britain" from their Smoky collection as a base, I added the details of all four turtles using acrylic paints.


This one is another Nailpolis competition entry, for Mother's Day. Even though here in the UK Mother's Day has been and gone ( March 30th this year ) I still wanted to join in and create an art piece that would capture my Mum perfectly. I chose this design specifically because my Mum used to sing the chorus of this song to me all the time and it makes me think of her every time I hear it :)



This mani was my first attempt at the "Lead-Lighting" technique that everyone in the nail art world is talking about, the stamping plate used here is MoYou London Artist Plate 11 using Konad Special Polish in black, over Models Own "White Light" as the base. 

I filled in the pattern using OPI Sheer Tints polish & topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite to seal in the design.

Here is a really good post from Messy Mansion on how to do this technique yourself.

Next is something I have been meaning to do for a really long time since I saw Emily Denise's post last year featuring these cute as hell kitten water decals from Born Pretty Store.

Using "Altered State" from piCture pOlish I created a subtle purple galaxy using various shades of purple polish and white acrylic paints for the stars, I placed these gorgeous kitties on top because let's face it.

What's better than kitties in space?




This last mani is my favourite of the lot.

This little mermaid design was done completely with acrylic paints, it's the first time I've ever done a complete acrylic design. I used Orly Bonder as a base and went from there.

I'm terrible at doing faces so I went for the minimalistic approach and kept it plain with just the lipstick.

I bought some metallic paint from Wilkinsons the other week and this is the first time I've used it, and mixing it in with other colours causes a gorgeous shimmery effect. If you use acrylics for nail art I highly recommend using this to add some shimmer to your designs!



No comments:

Post a Comment