08/04/2014

Picture Polish "Illusion", plus some nail art & ramblings

Hi Guys !

 So it's been another few days since my last blog and I apologise for the gap, but yet again the day job has encouraged overtime so I've been taking advantage of this, hopefully the long gaps between blogs will cease after May ( when I shall be richer with lots of overtime payments haha )

 Shall we get down to business? I think so. I must tell you in advance, this is going to be a picture heavy post.. so don't say I didn't warn you !!!

Pictures after the jump !



 I had a wonderful evening last night watching Sherlock and deciding on which of my many nail polishes to use for my #nailartapr theme on Instagram for tomorrow. The theme was #favourite, and I seriously spent over an hour rifling through my helmer and going through my nail polish shelves to narrow it down a bit. After 90 minutes or so I had it down to 5 polishes...

Cosmic Forces by Emily DeMolly

Insanely Alice by Pop Culture Cosmetics

Illusionist by Picture Polish

Crimson, Eleven, Delight, Petrichor by Pahlish

Purple Crocus by F.U.N Lacquer

Each and every one of these are fabulous and amazing in their own way, but I wanted to pick one that really stood out for me personally.

And I chose Illusionist.

Here's what it looks like in the bottle, and one of the reasons why I chose it. You can see for yourself how amazing it looks just from moving the bottle around ever so slightly.



It is literally space in a bottle.




The main reason why I chose Illusionist was because I absolutely love sciencey things, I love Sci-Fi, I love stars and I love space in general. I also love Dr Who, and although the Pahlish covered that love in a big way, I felt I could be more free with using Illusionist for nail art.

On it's own it makes for a gorgeous colour shifting polish. But if you look closer, you can imagine galaxies, stars, moons, planets. There is more depth to this one polish that I could have ever imagined.

I tried to get every angle possible to show off all the different colours I could here, I ended up taking around 50 different shots before choosing these as the best ones to demonstrate the gorgeousness of the polish.

These are all 1 coat of Illusionist over a plain black polish.









Now you may think I am going a bit overboard, but a little imagination goes a long way, and if you're anything like me, you're going to have a go at some space themed nail art over this polish.

And if you know me, you'll know exactly what theme I did.




The T.A.R.D.I.S was painted using acrylic paints and some fine liner brushes I cut down further to make super fine.



I just love how Illusionist looks as a spacey background. I literally cannot stop looking at it :)



The formula of Illusionist is surprising. I expected it to be a little thick and gloopy like some glitter polishes can be. But It goes on really easily, and you can get some nice thin coats out of it.
The most surprising part was that it dries to a smooth finish. I was fully expecting to use a couple of coats of Seche Vite to get a good smooth finish on my nails, but the holo flecks and small shards of glitter barely effect the finish. If I wanted, I could have gotten away with no top coat at all. But as I like to wrap my tips to ensure long wear time, I added a single coat of seche vite to finish off.

Overall. It truly is one of my favourite polishes, and if you haven't got it already, I highly recommend that you do.

I'm expecting some nail mail in the next few days so there will be some more swatching action going down !

If you don't already, and want to follow me in other social media, the links are over in the side bar to the right !!


L x

1 comment: